What are your travel essentials? Have you ever been in that situation where you’re packing for a trip and you can’t remember what and what you need to carry with you?
What you pack or don’t pack can make your journey a pleasure or a pain.
We have come up with a list that can act as your personal guide the next time you have to pack for a trip. All you need to do is check each item off as you pack. You’re welcome!
- Important Documents – These are arguably the most essential things you shouldn’t forget. This includes international passport, travel tickets, hotel bookings, travel insurance, driver’s license, emergency contacts and important addresses, reservations and itineraries. In addition, it is advisable to scan these documents and mail to yourself, and a trusted friend/family for safekeeping in case you lose the originals. If you ever lose your passport (advice: don’t) in a foreign country, your chances of getting a quick replacement from the local embassy or consulate will be better if you have a color photocopy of the first two pages — the ones with your personal details and photo — and another government-issued ID, like a driver’s license.
- Toiletries – These are one of the most common things to forget so you need to keep a checklist of your important toiletry supplies and pack them. Remember to keep them light by putting small potions that will suffice for your travel period in airtight containers. Toiletries you may want to pack include toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, hair brush or comb, Deodorant, Sunscreen, Face wash/wipes, Personal hygiene items, Feminine hygiene products, cologne/perfume, and shaving kits. These are essential travel items that always come in handy. Make sure to check your flight’s rules regarding what you can and can’t pack.
- Medical Supplies: You never want to be struck by illness while on vacation, but it’ll be even worse if you don’t have any medicine with you. Take essentials like headache tablets, diarrhea tablets, pain and fever relievers, cold medicines, allergy medicines, antibacterial ointments, sunburn relief, multivitamins, insect repellent, motion sickness medicines, band-aids, bandages, gauze, a copy your of optical prescription or an extra pair of eyeglasses. Also, remember to check if there are Medicines or vaccinations specific to the region/activity of your vacation, and ensure to take them.
- Miscellaneous Items: These are travel Knick Knacks. Items that you will need, but probably forget to pack. These include sunglasses, swimsuits, mobile devices and chargers, multi-purpose electric adapters, headphones, cameras, memory cards and chargers, travel journals, pens, books, magazines, water bottle, flashlights, padlocks, sewing kit, business cards and even snacks. You may think otherwise, but most of these things come in handy one way or the other during a vacation.
- Local Currency: It’s very essential to have some currency on you when you arrive, to save yourself from expensive airport exchange rates. Order your currency from Everdon Bureau de Change and you can have it paid into your bank account, have it delivered to your location or pick it up on the same day at your convenience.
Click Here to Order Your Foreign Currency
Now that you’ve gone through our list of travel essentials, make sure you go ahead and make a list you can easily check off whenever you’re packing for a trip. What are your travel essentials? Did we miss anything? Do let us know by leaving a comment below.